Regulatory Analysis and Planning; Biological Assessment; Mitigation Planning and Design; Regulatory Permitting
- Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) Mitigation Planning and Monitoring, Orange County, CA
- California High Speed Rail Project, Regional Biological Assessment and Mitigation Planning
- Aliso and Wood Canyon Regional Park Resource Management Plan, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA
- Orange County Public Works, Multiple On-Call Contracts, Orange County, CA
WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF YOUR JOB?
Working with my fellow employee-owners to provide creative and high-quality service to our clients.
IF YOU WEREN’T A BIOLOGIST, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
Landscape architect or civil engineer.
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST JOB?
My very first job was working in my dad’s cabinet shop; my first outside employment was working in a hamburger stand at Disneyland.
TELL US YOUR JOURNEY AND THE STEPS YOU TOOK TO CHOOSE YOUR CAREER.
Beginning as a math major, I fell in love with biology, specifically ecology, as an undergraduate. I told my advisor that is what I would like to study, but I didn’t know what my career would be. He advised me to study what I love and said everything would work out. My neighbor, a professor at CSUF, knew another a former professor who had a small consulting firm. My work there led to exposure to LSA, which I have loved since 1988.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SUCCESS UP UNTIL NOW?
The people I have hired.