Moss and Lichen Ecology; Rare Plant/Botanical Surveys and Taxonomy; Vegetation Ecology, Restoration, and Management; Biological Impact Analysis/CEQA; Wetland and Riparian Mitigation Design and Restoration, Monitoring, and Permitting; Arboriculture and Epiphyte Ecology; Plant Identification and Taxonomy; Rare Plant Surveys; Vegetation Mapping and Analysis
- Dougherty Valley Construction and Wetland Monitoring, Contra Costa and Alameda Counties, CA
- Sir Francis Drake Boulevard Rehabilitation Project, Marin County, CA
- Suscol Mountain Vineyard Project, Napa County, CA
- Geysers Recharge Project, Santa Rosa, CA
- California Men’s Colony, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Sonoma County Airport, Sonoma County, CA
- Potrero Hills Landfill Expansion Project, Solano County, CA
- Geysers Recharge Pipeline Project, Sonoma County, CA
WOULD YOU RATHER LIVE BY THE BEACH, NEAR THE MOUNTAINS, OR IN THE CITY?
I guess I’m partial to the mountains, or more specifically, the foothills. I appreciate all the natural beauty that surrounds us in California from the Pacific Ocean to the Sierra Nevada, but the pace of life in the foothills especially appeals to me.
WHAT BOOKS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?
“Wild” by Cheryl Strayed.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?
Home brewing beer, vinyl records, gardening, and garden design.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SUCCESS UP UNTIL NOW?
Several years ago, I was part of a team that installed a living lichen wall at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. It was through my research and feasibility study that we convinced the museum to make the lichen a permanent part of the outdoor sculpture garden.
WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO WORK HARD?
Success depends on previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure. – Confucius. Discovery motivates me.