LSA’s team of noise and vibration experts provide the comprehensive acoustical assessment services necessary to comply with CEQA/NEPA, the Federal Highway Administration, the Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Railroad Administration/Federal Transit Administration, and local requirements for environmental compliance. Our services include post-construction interior noise assessments, construction monitoring, and preparation of technical studies or environmental sections for transportation and development projects. Our studies analyze a variety of noise sources including stationary equipment and transportation related impacts from automobiles, aircraft, and trains.
- Instrument-Assisted Noise and Vibration Field Surveys and Monitoring
- Noise and Vibration Impact and Mitigation Analysis for Residential, Institutional, Commercial, and Industrial uses
- FHWA/Caltrans Compliance Traffic Noise Modeling and Analysis
- Sound and Vibration Isolation Analysis for Building Exteriors and Interiors
- Review of Final Design Plans to Confirm Room Acoustics and Interior Finish Requirements
- Preparation and Update of Planning Documents including General Plan Noise Elements and Municipal Codes
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE
LSA’s noise and vibration staff utilize state-of-the-art monitoring equipment from Larson Davis and Quest. Staff is trained and familiar with the following software to assist you in analyzing your project:
- Traffic Noise Model (TNM) 2.5
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Traffic Noise Model
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) High-Speed Ground Transportation Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Roadway Construction Noise Model
- Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT)
You’ve done a great job keeping the project moving and keeping it below budget. This has been a unique project and your team has risen to the challenge by coming up with innovative ways to accomplish the project objectives.
– Christine Jaworski, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, regarding the Noise Reduction Screening Program for the VTA